Sunday 29 January 2017

Spic and Span!

Hello again!

Likely a short update again today. While I did not go all out and buy a pair of brand new skates, I did buy a pair of used ones from a local store. They had some scuffs, dirt and scratches and the laces were fairly frayed as you can likely see in the following picture:


So I looked up online how to spiff them up/clean them up a bit and through some elbow grease and hard work I think I've made them look pretty good. They ALMOST look new, some of the scratches I couldn't do much about but I read about white skate polish somewhere so maybe that'll be something to look into? It was pretty fun shining them up and now I know how to re-lace a pair of skates properly:


That's the end result of my days project :D I also got myself a pair of figure skating pants which compliment them nicely. Hopefully now that I'm all geared up, things will go well and I'l fall in love with the sport all over again. I've been looking forward to getting into my lessons for a few weeks now and admittedly, on my list of priorities and what I'm most excited for. It's second to none behind my wedding.

So then, police check! On it's way. Skates ready to go! When the police check arrives it's off to register with the club and I'm off like a herd of turtles.

Ciao for now!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment