Saturday 4 February 2017

Not-So-Waiting-Game

Here we are again.

It figures that the day after I write a blog about waiting in anticipation for information and things to get sorted out, I get a call concerning all of it. It's basically all good news. I start my lessons on Monday. Yay <3 I have a coach sorted out. The only current 'downside' is that the club and board are still discussing how my payment will work out. It's nothing major, they're just deciding what my cost will be. Normally it's a certain amount based on how many sessions you want per week but since I'll be doing a two week rotation (Based around my work) of two weeks of two lessons each and then two weeks off. It changes the price scheme a little bit. Or at least I assume it will.

Now I don't really care either way. If I get a better price, then yay! I've saved a bit of money. But if I don't, I'm not overly concerned. I mean I expected to pay a fair amount in the first place so it's not THAT big a deal. Especially if I find I really get passionate about the sport. Though with the amount of building excitement I've been having, I imagine I will be.

It's curious though, how throughout all of this I haven't really been 'nervous' or had much in the way of anxiety. I think a lot of it is because it's all kind of been up in the air with nothing set in stone. Until now. Oh boy. I really am excited but I'm also really nervous too. As an adult going into a sport that is generally dominated by females and children, I'm definitely the odd man out. It's one of those things I'll have to get used to but I'm certainly nervous just thinking about it.

I am however, genuinely excited. Things are finally coming together after all the roadblocks and now things are set to come together nicely. I used to do it as a kid and I remember that I really did enjoy it. I hope that it hasn't changed since I've become an adult as I'd hate to lose that part of myself. It's funny how you crave finding that 'something special' again as you age. Why is it that when we become adults that we have to simply become someone else? I get that we have responsibilities and how we have to conduct ourselves changes.

But why do I have to change who I am? Who I was? My mind is simply more mature now, I'm still the same person I've always been. Jeeze...this is getting awfully deep isn't it?

Lets just say I'm nervous and excited for my lessons. In the words of a TV character, I'm nervicited! I'll be updating as I progress through my skating and make sure to give lots of juicy details!

Ciao for now!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment