Friday 3 February 2017

The Waiting Game

Hello once more,

Now I'm not actually sure how many people are reading at this point. But it seems I get 30-40 views per entry. That's pretty cool and more than I thought I would admittedly. I know these haven't been the MOST interesting of entries but I try to keep them varied as I play the waiting game. A lot of this what I guess I'd call a 'journey' has been a waiting game.

I mentioned before that when I began searching I didn't expect it to be my own hometowns local club that got ahold of me. I imagine it might have been the same sort of wait and process anywhere else but it's still been a fairly long waiting game. Wait for emails, Wait for police check, wait for dates and finding a coach. It's so much more complicated than my other main hobby which is horseback riding. Not that I'm complaining, as I get through each bit of the process it actually feels like I'm gaining traction and getting somewhere.

I will note that the people I've dealt with at this point have been very helpful and very friendly. Heck, even the coach that I managed to get ahold of has been SUPER enthusiastic. Much like my horseback riding coach, I really enjoy this aspect in people I'm learning from. Their enthusiasm is infectious.

On a side note, I really do need a more professional email...using my kaydenwaveharp and myr_man emails really feels unprofessional at this point. Not that this is at all professional but it's awfully awkward to give those emails everywhere I go, even more so since they're mostly a remnant of the past. KaydenWaveharp is actually the old gamertag I used to use when I was big into gaming and it kind of stuck across most of my accounts, while Myr_Man is from when I was 14 or 15 years old, the name of the first barn I worked at was MYR Equine Centre and being a kid I used that as my email. Just a curious fact. Maybe I'll get a new one.

Anyways, this has dragged on a little bit. Hopefully my waiting game will be over as we roll into the coming week. I'll cross my fingers!

Ciao for now!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment